4.12.2010

Confessions of a Non-Athletic Mother | Mount Shasta Infant Photography

Growing up...no, strike that....pretty much all of my life, I had never been a fan of any particular sport and it's not because I didn't try.  I tried soccer, but always managed to trip over the ball.  I tried basketball, but couldn't throw like anything other than a girl.  I tried baseball, but was afraid of getting hit (and again, was not a natural born pitcher).  I tried football, but after being knocked in the head with one I decided it just wasn't for me.

Until, one day, I fell in love.  His name was Reece.  He, along with his family, was a Giant's fan.  I'd go to his home to visit, and we'd sit and watch the game.  I didn't mind it because I got to be with him.  Did I pay attention to the game?  Not so much.  Did I have a clue what was going on?  Once again, not so much.

Reece took me to several Giant's games - and over time I learned to enjoy them (after countless questions and beginning to really understand the game), but I still did not appreciate the hours spent on the couch watching or listening to KNBR all spring and summer long.

Then, another day, Reece and I got married.  We went to a Giant's game on our honeymoon (what a good wife I am!) before leaving for Hawaii.  Now I live with a Giant's fan, and so, by marriage, I too am a Giant's fan.  I am developing an appreciation for televised games (though they're not nearly as interesting as being in the stadium), and can actually follow what's going on.  I still manage to fall asleep in the car when listening to the game as much as I attempt to be a good listener.

Now, many days later, we have an almost 6 month old baby girl.  She has absolutely no choice but to be a Giant's fan - and she is an adorable one at that (but I'm not at all biased).  Daddy is already educating her in the art of Giant's baseball - as well as making sure that she is perfectly outfitted for this great start to the 2010 season.  (She has a Lincecum t-shirt as well, but mommy needs to make her a new hair bow before we can do that photoshoot)

3 comments: